This will be JHYBB's (Jackson Hole Youth Basketball's) new communication tool. Please check it regularly for practice schedules, tournaments, events, and updates. Add us to your reading list to stay posted. Thank you for all your support. For additional information including photos please visit www.facebook.com/jhybb
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Tourney Schedule & Rules Cokeville WY
Gym information * Cokeville High School
Address 300 Pine St Cokeville, WY 83114 Hotel information Hideout Motel
Address:10763 U.S. 30, Cokeville, WY 83114
1. No Food or drinks are allowed in the Gyms. There is a designated food area.
2. Each team on the schedule must supply a book keeper.
3. Games will consist of two 16
minute halves with a running clock. The clock will stop for free throws and
timeouts only. If the score is within 10 points, the clock will stop during the
last two minutes of the game on all whistles.
4. Overtime period will be two minutes using a stopped
clock. Teams will be granted one timeout. If the game is still tied at the end
of the first overtime period, the second overtime period will be sudden death
(1st team to score wins). No timeouts in sudden death. Both overtime periods
will begin with a jump ball.
5. Teams will be granted three 30 second timeouts per game.
6. Game time is forfeit time. Teams will be permitted to
start and play with four players.
7. Halftime will be three minutes, if time allows.
8. The three point shot will be used for all grade levels.
9. An intermediate ball will be used for grades 5th
& 6th and 7th. A men’s ball will be used in 8th
10. Players are allowed five personal fouls. Bonus free
throws will awarded on 7th team foul in each half, with two shot bonus being
awarded on the 10th team foul.
11. Any player or coach ejected from any game will be
ejected for the remainder of the tournament. Any unsportsmanlike conduct will
result in a Wyoming Athletic Association yellow card and removal from premises
if person does not abide by card rules.
12. Full court press and zone defense will be allowed in
7th-8th grade divisions. No pressing when team has a lead of 10 or more points.
13. Substitutions are permitted on dead ball situations
14. All teams must have matching uniform shirts with visible
numbers on the back. Numbers are recommended on the front.
15. Each team must supply their own basketballs for
16. Teams must be accompanied by adult coach at all times.
17. The shoes worn into any facility cannot be worn on the
gymnasium floors. Shoes must be clean and non-marking.
18. The tournament Director(s) will render any necessary
decisions regarding situations that may develop which are either not addressed,
or only partially addressed in the tournament rules.